Wednesday, January 02, 2008

BEST OF 2007


These are 2007 best - or rather the most memorable, given my early Alzheimer. A random list of events, people and things that "significantly transformed and defined" me. It's a selfish list that moved me to be more selfless, patriot, envisioning, appreciative, motivated!

1. TRAVEL to Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-tawi, Lanao and Maguindanao... enriched more of my appreciation on islamiic faith, Mindanao culture and wonders. This made me a more proud Mindanaon (and almost a muslim convert)
2. TRAVEL to Singapore and Carlos Celdran...made me a more proud Pinoy...and honestly not the other way around. 3.Mama and Achi reconciliation... truly relieved and refreshed my family life. This is the best good news and i say, always believe in prayers.
4. OUR (Greta and I) SMALL (and sometimes TEARFUL) TALKS... led us to grand discoveries about each other that made my relationship with Greta stronger (emphasis: stronger). Greta would forever compose my year-end list. She is my life, next to God. Thank God, i have her. :-D
5. ULTIMATE FRISBEE: 1) Boracay Open. Real fun! best described this beach tournament. I would never forget this "hot" getaway, though I did miss scribbling this at a first write-draft (how dare I?). Real fun, that enumerating them is a real tall order. To my teammates, I still wanted to play with you on the next Open. 2) Davao Disc Squad. Though continuosly drenched with controversial murmurs, this second local frisbee team faithfully enlarged the disc community in Davao.
6. VIRGIN PEOPLE (Mishi, Air, Fran, Bianca, Mae An and Kat). This group of happy, beautiful and never less sophisticated women brought in happier friendship. Though rarely meeting, they excessively share happiness. So, they really deserved passing the nursing exam, flying off the country, winning photo contests and having a boyfriend.
7. BJA or the Barangay Justice Advocates... inspired me more to work for peace and live for peace.
8. MOVING IN A NEW FLAT AND BUILDING MY OWN HOUSE... motivated me to risk and plan more and practically believing more on God, who has never left me for 13 adolescent independent years.
9. NEW FRIENDS from the art and music scenes - Monci, Joseph, Mark, Iggy, current ARTCO and Plastic Butter. They all kept me hooked to what i am really passionate of. Most importantly, they shun newer career and business potentials, where my current profession and passion would work in pair.
10. THE INCONVENIENT TRUTH and Al Gore...reinvented me to be an active steward of Earth and i am having fun rejecting plastics in groceries, fastfoods and stores.

Reaching the "perfect" 10 never was a conscious plan but this year-ender turned to be consistent with my enlightenment-2007 was "perfect".

No comments: