Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January and Flake

I was slightly limping when I jogged again after 9 days—damn! It’s way too over my commitment of not running 3 straight days. Anyways, it rained for 9 days, but I was productive. I was moving…and spooning. My shoes just cracked and I’m using my father’s shoes. I just figured, I do have longer feet (and indeed, I’m the tallest in our family). My two big toes hurt and cramped inside my father’s shoes.

I continued. I ran on partial flat feet. I tried enduring the pain. Then, I was in a void. I did not realize my mind was blank again until Filter’s Take A Picture played. And I feel like a new born…

The song never failed to gear me up. So, I ran faster. This time, on 100% flat feet. No more pain. Yey!

Surprisingly, I was smiling to more people. This is my day, I told myself. As for Franco Reyes, on my own, cast away, trapped and caught in a dream…

I then locked on the idea: each jog should be longer than the last! I am going to run more than 45 minutes.

Passed five kms. My run was steady. No pain. Flat feet and smiling. Hopefully, a slimmer tummy. So, watch out, flake.

I ran uphill and began seeing the beautiful sunrise. I love to stop and enjoy the sunrise, but I should not. I should continue running. I took my phone out, instead, and took pictures of the beautiful day start. Ahhh what a day! I heaved more air. This is my day, indeed.

I pumped for more air to run but I should stop. I still need to pack my things for Cebu. Ye! I am going back to Cebu again. I also had many good memories in that city. I suppose to have another one when I return, but it is not time yet. Work first, I said. I stopped. Besides, I ran 52 minutes already.

I walked back and took more pictures of Pujada Bay, especially a sea village.

The best part of today’s run is a free ride back home. Yes! My rural city also has friendly people. They are kind and warm too. The driver of the multi-cab I rode is one of them. He deliberately slowed down every hump for me not to have a bumpy ride at the back of the cab.

Then, I reached home and found my parents funnily teasing each other during breakfast. That is another best part of today along with my pamangkins and sister.

January, oh, January. I always have the best memories on January. September, too. 

Posted via web from pyk's posterous

No comments: