Monday, August 09, 2010

Bless You

Thank you, Lord, for choosing me. I am blessed for choosing me. Thank you for my parents, sisters, and pamangkins. Thank you too for…good friends. Though we rarely see and talk with each other. I know, we have special connections similar to families. Thank you for the sustenance. Thank you for everything, including the sad and painful experiences. They made me better. Thank you for all the people I met. In little ways, I still significantly learned from them.


This is what I prayed yesterday at St. Paul Church mass. I like the priest, particularly his homily on being blessed and chosen. “Mapalad ako!,” he exclaimed. If you open your palad, you can give and receive (blessings).Figuratively, you cannot be mapalad if you do not open your hand—yourself.


He did not only relay the holy message throughout the mass, but also engaged churchgoers to participate in the homily. I almost fell to tears seeing couples and families said each other, “mapalad ako dahil nasa aking buhay ka.”

I was not with Ney and my family, so I just smiled. I quickly texted Ney, Mama, Papa, Ate Mia and Achi after mass. I went home and felt relieved. I am indeed blessed.

Posted via email from pyk's posterous

No comments: