Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Good Enough, Sarah McLachlan

Don’t tell me why…it’s simply not good enough.

There is nothing with this Sarah McLachlan’s song that drew (and halt) me…It instantly played in my head when I entered my room. I browsed for it in the music player and played it.

It may be the piano or her voice. You deserve more than this. Not even the lyrics because I don’t honestly understand them. I don’t know the story behind her song. I am just too drawn on the song; I played it repeatedly.

The melody is soothing. So much more than good enough. It never loses its charm even on the fifth straight play. Just let me try and I will be good to you. Just let me try and I will be there for you…there is so much more than good enough.

Sigh.

I still wonder why it caught me even on its seventh play. I don’t understand, you deserve more than this.

I had dreams of you again, but I don’t know if they were bad. It’s a…long way home…I don’t have to pretend, she doesn’t expect from me…don’t tell me I haven’t been there for you. They just woke me at the middle of some deep sleeps.

Now, the song is on its ninth play. Don’t tell me I haven’t been there for you. I scratch my head this time. I wanted to cry along with the instrumental. What for? It’s simply not good enough. My tears are your laughter, probably [on the 10th play].

“It’s simply not good enough, I quip. No! Quipping isn’t…the right word. I’d leave that to God, instead.

On the 12th play, at 11pm, I already wanted to stop the song, but I just can’t press stop. “It’s simply not good enough.”

The song seems to be forever, but I really need to sleep or read. Good night, dear

 

[song still playing]

Posted via email from pyk's posterous

No comments: