Monday, February 08, 2010

My Cebu Run, NFA, Chevy and shadowy drivers

constantly navigating Google map, i run a new track today. destination? Asiatown IT Park. i was instantly in a void. too focused on finding the way to my destination (getting lost, per se). where is NFA? where is Chevrolet? asa ang skena (kanto or corner) pa-IT? I told myself. 

focus seems to void me of my cluttered wandering. it felt like im not thinking and not receptive of my surrounding. i even barely noticed Banilad Fruit Stand. but one vendor caught my eye. 

i run, too mindful of my destination and of course, street thugs, pollution and being hit by a jeepney. i didnt enjoy this run-my first run in Cebu. i even rarely look at the beautiful new moon and sing along with Diego Mapa. 

for two weeks, i failed convincing myself to run in the city because i already heard too many jeepneys cruising the street at 4:30am. plus, i didnt know where to run. i have a map, but was quite apprehensive of street thugs. you dont feel that in Davao City. my home city is really safe. im not adventurous, but i wont pull of f once im in. im not a risk taker, but rather a calculated risk taker. 

i then saw the corner, a shortcut (sure cut) to IT Park. i was about to cross the street to take that cut, but i pulled of upon a glimpse of two shadowy trisikul (ya! any word that ends with "le", like title and tricycle, are pronounced as "ul", like taytul and trisikul) drivers. 

then i saw NFA and Chevrolet. yey! 

im closer now. i know, because im starting to see call center agents (this will be another story, if id digress again)...and my jogging classmates. 

im on a real run now. my mind wandered again and im quite enjoying my music again. i took three rounds and stopped at 30th minute. i wanted to try walking back home through the shortcut (Jose dela Paz St.), but the free wireless internet is just irresistable. 

so i walk back to my jog route. it was only then i realized that the city has filthy garbages on the superhighway. you rarely see this in Davao City. but fairly, Cebu City has a good dawn breeze. i waited near the flyover. Yugo, a small yogurt store with bottomless coffee, is nearby. it was a cute store, built on a container van and furnished with large glass windows, white chairs and dark pink window shade. hmmm...nice business concept. 

i rode the jeepney back home. the reddish morning horizon is showing up. my day is complete. thanks to Pinky, a fun-to-be with boardmate. i jogged again :)

Posted via email from pyk's posterous

No comments: